Over the last 20 years I’ve seen incredible changes in the music industry.
I never dreamed it would be so cheap and easy to set up a home recording studio.
Now anyone and everyone is calling themselves a “producer” because they have a little studio in their basement.
These home studios are fine for recording demos but if you want to approach a major label you are going to need a real “radio ready” recording crafted by a real producer.
One of my favorite producers to work with is Grammy-nominated Kent Wells.
Kent has produced several country music legends like Reba McEntire, Hank Williams, Jr., Neal McCoy, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, The Grascals, Brooks N Dunn, Keith Whitley, Lee Greenwood, Travis Tritt, and many others
I recently interviewed Kent Wells and we talked about…
- How he got started in the music biz and worked his way up to a producer
- The importance of an artist having great songs, great recordings and a great team
- What record labels are looking for in an artist
- Principles that every successful artist lives by
- Kent’s secrets for creating excellent recordings